- Study: FEMA Severely Lowballs Flood Risk March 19, 2018
Tens of millions of homeowners who don’t live near a federally recognized floodplain may still be in danger of flooding, researchers say.
- The Cities Where Owners Are Still Underwater March 19, 2018
Though homeowners are gaining equity across the country, these areas still have a disproportionately high number of properties in the red.
- Buyers Make 20% Higher Down Payments March 19, 2018
Find out the areas where consumers are putting down the most money for a home.
- 7 Most Affordable Small Towns in 2018 March 19, 2018
For your clients who enjoy a slower pace of life, realtor.com® researchers have identified the best places to call home.
- Yun: Housing Starts Are ‘Vastly Inadequate’ March 19, 2018
Fewer new homes were in the pipeline in February, which shows “movement in the wrong direction” amid intensifying buyer demand, NAR...
- More Homeowners, Appraisers Agree on Values March 19, 2018
Appraised home values are drawing closer and closer to what homeowners expect.
- Big question for Fed: 3 or 4 interest rate hikes this year? March 19, 2018
The Fed meets again this week to consider hiking interest rates, which directly impact short-term mortgage rates and, indirectly, fixed-rate loans.
- Mortgage policy cutbacks could hurt some buyers March 19, 2018
A key policy change by mortgage giant Fannie Mae that offered homeownership to thousands of new buyers – many of them minorities – could face significant cutbacks. The reason: Private mortgage insurers are re-thinking their decision to participate.
- What happens if neighbors plant a hedge on my property? March 19, 2018
Legal QandA: Fla. courts have considered more than one property line dispute, and the problem can sometimes be a legitimate misunderstanding.
- Is historic shortage of new homes the next housing crisis? March 19, 2018
Land and construction costs have increased sharply since the end of the last boom a decade ago, and construction activity remains at an almost 60-year low.
- Robots break new ground in construction industry March 19, 2018
Just as self-driving cars may reinvent the suburbs, self-driving bulldozers, excavators and drones may redefine the way homes are constructed.
- Panama City: Waterfront partnership continues to revitalize St. Andrews March 19, 2018
- Study: Agent incomes get a lift from referrals March 19, 2018
A new survey of more than 1,700 real estate agents by ReferralExchange found that 42% of respondents earned $10,000 to $50,000 from fees for referrals in 2017.
- Feb. housing starts fell 7% after Jan. surge March 16, 2018
The construction slowdown came from a 28% plunge in multifamily building starts. Groundbreakings for single-family homes rose 2.9%.
- 5 surprising stats about buyers in NAR's latest study March 16, 2018
Millennials' home buying habits may not be all that different from their parents. A higher percentage of older generations, for example, check the internet before calling an agent – and millennials care less about virtual tours than older adults.
- Selling a home to millennials? Add plants March 16, 2018
Millennials bought 31% of house plants in 2016, and some multifamily developments are adding indoor gardens to appeal to this demographic.