- 4 Ways to ‘Fireproof’ a House December 15, 2017
As wildfires continue to ravage Southern California, share these tips with clients for lowering the risks of fire damage.
- Buyers Making Record-High Down Payments December 15, 2017
View an interactive map to see the average down payment in your area.
- Rental Boom Coming to an End? December 15, 2017
Fewer new renter households are forming, rental vacancies are rising, and rent increases are slowing, according to a new report.
- Despite Fed Move, Mortgage Rates Hold Steady December 15, 2017
“The market had already priced in the rate hike, so long-term interest rates—including mortgage rates—hardly moved,”...
- Calif. Wildfires: ‘It Pushed Me Over the Edge’ December 14, 2017
As six major wildfires continue to rage in Southern California, real estate professionals in affected areas are trying to manage saving their own...
- How to Avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’ December 14, 2017
Follow these four steps for creating a presentation that will help your audience remember your message.
- U.S. 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage rate slips to 3.93% December 14, 2017
Freddie Mac economist Len Kiefer said the market had already priced in the Fed's rate hike on Wednesday, so mortgage rates barely moved from last week's 3.94%.
- GOP forges a deal on taxes; cuts coming for next year December 14, 2017
The tax reform bill would provide generous tax cuts for corporations and the wealthiest Americans, with smaller tax cuts for middle- and low-income families. It also repeals the mandate that most Americans get health insurance,
- Irma claims top $6B, Citizens braces for 50,000-plus new customers December 14, 2017
Fla.'s state-run and second-largest carrier expects to add more than 50,000 customers in 2018, increasing its policyholders to around 500,000 or about 14%.
- Real estate QandA: Double-check insurance before throwing party with a bounce house December 14, 2017
Real estate QandA: Be sure to properly set up and secure the attraction to the ground. Also, read the manufacturer's warnings and manage the party-goers' play.
- Habits of successful home flippers December 14, 2017
What does it take to flip homes and successfully turn a profit? ATTOM studied flippers and identified traits most of them shared.
- Tampa Bay: Flipping homes for big profits is getting harder here December 14, 2017
- Use state affordable housing funds for housing December 14, 2017
Manatee County commissioners have OK'd a resolution asking the Florida Legislature to use all the monies in the Sadowski Trust Fund solely for affordable housing.
- Great American Realtor Days: Register now December 14, 2017
Tell Fla. lawmakers what you really think and network with fellow Realtors from across the state Jan. 9-11 at Great American Realtor Days. Registration is open.
- FREC UPDATE: New team advertising rules approved December 13, 2017
The Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) considered comments but made no changes to proposed team advertising rules before voting to approve them on Wednesday. However, the new rules have one
- Fed boosts benchmark rate for third time this year December 13, 2017
The Fed lifted the short-term rate by a quarter-point and anticipates three more rates hikes in 2018. The hikes directly impact ARMs and indirectly FRMs.