- 3 Pros, 3 Cons of Buying New Construction May 22, 2018
Many house hunters are under the mistaken impression that new homes are flawless and, therefore, more valuable than resale property. Here’s...
- Americans Are Fleeing to Less Pricey Markets May 22, 2018
Consumers are migrating away from high-priced markets in favor of more reasonably priced areas, a new analysis shows.
- .Realestate Domains Are Coming This Fall May 22, 2018
The National Association of REALTORS® has announced it will be launching the new top-level internet domain later this year.
- More Properties Sell Above List Price May 22, 2018
A greater number of sellers are getting their asking price—or more—as buyer demand continues to outpace the supply of homes being...
- Kids Have Big Say in Real Estate Decisions May 22, 2018
The opinion of homebuyers’ children carries weight when they’re shopping for the right home, a new survey shows.
- The Happiest Places in the U.S. May 22, 2018
A new study ranks American counties on eight factors, including poverty rates, employment, affordability, and more.
- Fla. ranks No. 1 as 'Best state for military retirees' May 22, 2018
On May 21, WalletHub released its "2018's Best and Worst States for Military Retirees" report, which ranked Fla. as the best state in the U.S. for retired veterans.
- Even after tax reform, homeownership still beats renting May 22, 2018
Congress curtailed tax incentives to purchase a home, and mortgage rates and home prices are up – but most buyers have more disposable income, and a higher tax deduction will compensate them for losing their IRS interest and property-tax deductions.
- Fake service dogs, real problems May 22, 2018
Service animal fraud doesn't just make it more difficult for landlords and businesses, it also harms people who actually need services that the animals provide.
- QandA: Can condo owner enclose lanai without permission? May 22, 2018
Also: Our 500-home HOA has a budget of $1 million, but the board hasn't commissioned a financial audit in years. Is this a fiduciary breach?
- Look around: Is someone sabotaging your sale? May 22, 2018
If a listing should have sold by now, perhaps it's due to kids who don't want to move, doom-and-gloom inspectors or housekeepers worried about their job.
- 6 rules for effective blog posts May 22, 2018
Mesmerizing content isn't worth much if no one reads it. Effective blog marketing requires good headlines, great lead-ins, graphics, a call-to-action and more.
- Using public Wi-Fi? Your data isn't safe May 21, 2018
Meeting clients at Starbucks or Panera? That free public Wi-Fi makes it easier for thieves to steal your customer's personal information – and your info too.
- Commercial forecast: Economic strength sparks optimism May 21, 2018
A strengthening economy and job growth nearing historic levels have given Realtors confidence in future commercial real estate market conditions.
- NAR launching new '.realestate' domain name in the fall May 21, 2018
Planning to launch a new website? Realtors will have a new option starting in Sept. for those who want something like "Miami.realestate" as a domain name.
- HUD withdraws its fair housing assessment tool May 21, 2018
A computer tool to help local governments "affirmatively further fair housing" has been pulled. HUD called it "confusing (and) difficult to use."